Surya Namaskar Yoga Benefits & Importance
Yoga has been essential for our culture. It signifies “to join with oneself” or “become one.” Yoga assists with joining the body, mind, and breathing simultaneously. Surya Namaskar is a significant part of the act of yoga. Surya Namaskar, likewise called Sun Salutation, is an old yogic act of offering appreciation to the sun. Seven unique stances or Asana are done consistently into a particular 12 stages design in a Surya Namaskar.
Surya Namaskar is the Sanskrit name for the arrangement of twelve yoga asanas, also called a Sun Salutation. It is quite possibly the most broadly realized yoga rehearsal, consolidated into a few unique conventions, for example, Hatha, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga. The term is derived from two Sanskrit roots; Surya, signifying “sun” and namaskar signifying “welcome” or ‘greetings'”.
Generally, the act of Surya Namaskar was utilized as a method for offering appreciation to the sun. In the Indian culture from which the training came, the sun is viewed as the wellspring of all life, and it is accordingly critical.
In Hinduism, Surya is the God of the sun, perceived to be the maker of the universe, and in Vedic convention, the sun is representative of cognizance and the Divine. In that capacity, Surya Namaskar is viewed as perhaps the main yoga rehearsal. Surya Namaskar is additionally alluded to as Sun Salutation in English.
The significance of Surya Namaskar is high as it offers various advantages:
In the Yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, we focus on Surya Namaskar as it provides the following benefits:
- The overall stance of the body is improved with the formation of a solid and adaptable spine.
- Improvement of blood course to the entire spinal and paraspinal zone.
- Improvement of musculoskeletal elements of the upper and lower limbs.
- Cardio-respiratory capacities are improved.
- Digestion of the body is improved.
- Initiation of the languid neuroendocrine framework.
- Lifts invulnerable framework.
- Processing is improved.
Important Asanas of Surya Namskar
Surya Namaskar is done in 12 stages or stances in a consecutive way as referenced beneath:
Pranamasana (first and twelfth posture), Hasta Uttanasana (second & eleventh posture), Hastapaadasana (third & 10th present), Ashwa Sanchalanasana (fourth and ninth posture), Adho Mukha Svanasana (parvatasana (fifth and eighth posture)), Ashtanga Namaskara (sixth posture), Bhujangasana (seventh posture), Adho Mukha Svanasana/Parvatasana, Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Hastapaadasana, Hasta Uttanasana, and Pranamasana.
What is the best time to do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar should be possible whenever in the day. Nonetheless, the best opportunity to do Surya Namaskar is at dawn as openness to the sun initiates our sun-oriented plexus.
What precautionary measures ought to be taken prior to rehearsing Surya Namaskar?
- Try not to eat or drink preceding and subsequent to doing Surya Namaskar.
- Prior to rehearsing Surya Namaskar, a satisfactory warm-up ought to be finished.
- It ought to be appropriately synchronized with relaxing.
- On the off chance that you have any clinical issue, if it’s not too much trouble counsel your primary care physician.
- Surya Namaskara ought to be maintained a strategic distance during the periods and pregnancy.
- It ought to be acted in a tranquil spot with outside air.
Surya Namaskar and weight reduction
As Surya Namaskar includes full-body developments and extending, it assists with shedding the additional fat from your body. Some clinical examinations have indicated that Surya Namaskar is powerful in weight reduction.
Is Surya Namaskar supportive of solid skin and hair?
Surya Namaskar improves the blood supply to the scalp that gives satisfactory sustenance to our hair. This at last forestalls going bald. An expanded blood course to the skin assists with keeping up solid and youthful skin.
At Rishikesh Yoga Studio we preach that we should rehearse Surya Namaskar consistently to encounter its astounding medical advantages. It is encouraged to do it under the management of a prepared yoga instructor in the event that you have any ailment.